the aight gatsby
bashing on a person because of what they choose to cosplay
making fun of cosplayers because they don’t “look like the character”
telling people to stop cosplaying because they’re “too fat/skinny/the wrong race/etc”
harassing or being inappropriate towards cosplayers because they are in costume
Grand Theft Venice
WHEN YOUR BOAT GETS SHANGAIED BY A WEIRD HOODED GUY,
This was one of the best moments in the entire series.
2x06/3x17- She finally trusts him.
That look of terror when someone tells the waiter that it’s your birthday
Cats who can’t figure out walls [x]
PLEASE TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET IF YOU SEE THEM DOING THIS BEHAVIOR OVER TIME.
It’s called “head pressing” and it occurs in dogs and cats.
Head pressing is characterized by the compulsive act of pressing the head against a wall or other object for no apparent reason. This generally indicates damage to the nervous system, which may result from a number of varying causes, including prosencephalon disease (in which the forebrain and thalamusparts of the brain are damaged), or toxic poisoning.
http://www.vet.cornell.edu/FHC/health_resources/toxoplasmosis.cfm (head pressing is listed as a symptom)
http://sevneurology.com/patients/clip-multilobular-osteochondroma (About a dog’s brain tumor but head pressing is listed as a symptom)
I wasn’t going to reblog this until I read the important caption dang thank you!!!
i had a dream about macklemore last night
like so on TV there was a public service announcement where macklemore came on and announced he was going to use all his money to fund a space colonization project and he was like “you know what the early pioneers didnt have that caused them to die so…
This is a great question. As cool as it would be if everyone decided to go vegan, it wouldn’t happen overnight. As more people decide to switch to a humane and compassionate lifestyle, the demand for animal products starts to decline. When this happens, farmers start breeding less animals for consumption.
What effect does this have on the environment?
- Less carbon dioxide emission (if one person exchanges eating meat for a vegan diet, they’ll reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 1.5 tons per year)
- less methane production (chickens, turkeys, pigs, and cows are collectively the largest producer of methane in the U.S.)
- less nitrus oxide (the meat, egg, and dairy industries produce 65% of worldwide nitrous oxide emissions)
- not to mention that 1 calorie from animal protein requires 11 times as much fossil fuel as one calorie of plant protein
- and the diets of meat eaters create 7x the greenhouse emissions as the diets of vegans
- nearly half of all water used in the United States goes to raising animals for food. it takes more than 2,400 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of meat (1 pound of wheat requires 25 gallons)
- you’d save more water by not eating one pound of meat than you would by not taking a shower for 6 months
- raising animals for food uses 30% of the earth’s land mass (that’s about the same size as Asia! approx. 17 Million sq. miles. to give you another point of reference, the moon has less area than that, at 14.6 million square miles)
- more than 260 million acres of U.S. forest have been cleared to create cropland to grow grain to feed farmed animals
Why is raising animals for food so inefficient?
- 70% of grain and cereals grown in U.S. are fed to farmed animals
- it requires 16 pounds of grain to produce 1 pound of meat
What does eating meat have to do with people starving in other countries?
- every ounce of water, grain and resources that goes towards an animal who will ultimately be slaughtered is an ounce of water or grain that could have gone to those who so desperately need it. a study published earlier this year in the journal Environmental Research Letters analyzed the world’s agriculture resource data and found that humans cutting meat from their diets could play a significant role in combating world hunger. According to the researchers, 36 percent of the total calories that come from crops are allocated to farm animal feed, but only 12 percent of those calories actually make it to people’s dinner plates. The researchers concluded that if all of the world’s crops were directly consumed by humans, there would be approximately 70 percent more food available, providing sustenance for an additional 4 billion additional people.
Check out this article, in which the UN is urging a global shift towards a vegan diet -
As the global population surges towards a predicted 9.1 billion people by 2050, western tastes for diets rich in meat and dairy products are unsustainable, says the report from United Nations Environment Programme’s (UNEP) international panel of sustainable resource management.”
So, in short, if the planet begins to move towards a vegan diet, our planet would last much longer, there would be better food opportunities for people who don’t get enough, there would be less damage done to the environment, there would be less disease, and maybe the other sentient beings on this planet will finally be treated with the respect they deserve.
a very serious show about zombies
how can you hate Rose omg